Here comes a game changer for Six Flags. One of the major players in the Theme Park Haunt market in southern California has announced a brand new attraction for 2017. Magic Mountain — in partnership with Warner Bros. Consumer Products on behalf of DC Entertainment — today announced their newest innovation in immersive thrills, JUSTICE LEAGUE: Battle for Metropolis — Ride. Play. Triumph.
Building on the success of the Justice League attractions installed around the world, the next generation of the award-winning Six Flags ride will now feature a spectacular new finale, new game targets and the introduction of one of DC’s hottest Super-Villains, Harley Quinn (hubba-hubba). This cutting-edge attraction thrusts riders into the DC Universe featuring interactive content, but with another new twist. This version will feature one of the first-ever virtual 360-degree loops on an attraction, and interactive 180-degree toroidal screens that allow riders to experience state-of-the-art gaming while riding in six-passenger pitch and roll motion-based vehicles synced to custom action-packed scenes featuring the most iconic DC characters.
The attraction, which is slated to open at the Valencia theme park spring 2017, will recruit riders into becoming members of the JUSTICE LEAGUE Reserve Team. The ride will feature a multi-sensory four minute game experience with wind, fire, fog and special effects as guests battle alongside the iconic Super Heroes, Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, The Flash, Cyborg and Green Lantern to save the city of Metropolis from Lex Luthor, The Joker and his henchmen. Also wreaking havoc will be Harley Quinn, The Joker’s favorite sidekick.
JUSTICE LEAGUE: Battle for Metropolis is Designed and built by Sally Corporation, the Jacksonville, Florida-based dark ride specialists, and Alterface Projects.
“Six Flags Magic Mountain is thrilled to once again ‘up the ante’ in Southern California’s theme
park mecca and introduce one of the most state-of-the-art, innovative motion-based attraction in the world – the next generation of Six Flags award-winning JUSTICE LEAGUE: Battle for Metropolis,” said Bonnie Sherman Weber, Six Flags Magic Mountain park president. “Leveraging the greatest Super Hero brands of all time, Batman and Superman, JUSTICE LEAGUE: Battle for Metropolis is like a video game come to life – an immersive, multi-sensory experience with the most sophisticated technology available that is sure to deliver an unprecedented experience to thrill seekers of all ages.”
JUSTICE LEAGUE: Battle for Metropolis
- A 23,624 square foot HALL OF JUSTICE to house the full-sensory thrill ride
- A 4D ride experience with wind, fire, mist, fog and special effects
- Life-like animatronic characters including Harley Quinn, Cyborg, The Joker and his Henchmen, and Lex Bots
- A dramatic fight as the JUSTICE LEAGUE Reserve Team travels through laughing gas and flames in 10 high intensity scenes; One of the first-ever virtual loops, giving riders the feeling of going head over h
- High-definition 3D animation shown on the first-ever, 180-degree interactive toroidal screens that fully immerses riders into the city of Metropolis;
- State-of-the-art Gaming elements that put the riders into the interactive content where they compete with friends and family
- 6-passenger pitch and roll motion-based vehicles with multi-degrees-of-freedom to transport riders through all the exciting twists and turns without limitations,
- Two pre-show rooms featuring larger-than-life interactive characters.
We Built This City!
Located in the newly-themed Metropolis area of the park, JUSTICE LEAGUE: Battle for Metropolis — Ride. Play. Triumph. will be part of an entire area remodel of surrounding attractions, food and retail locations as well as added entertainment. For more information about Six Flags Magic Mountain’s new 2017 attraction, including a video, visit https://www.sixflags.com/magicmountain/newfor2017
2017 Season Passes
Six Flags Magic Mountain is also announcing the start of 2017 Season Pass sales with its special Flash Sale through Labor Day weekend featuring the best deal of the year — savings up to 70% on 2017 Passes! For a limited time, purchase a Six Flags Magic Mountain Season Pass and receive a FREE upgrade to a GOLD Pass that includes a FREE Hurricane Harbor Season Pass, a FREE season parking pass, and visits to all Six Flags theme parks. Additional Season Pass perks include free tickets for friends, park admission to Fright Fest®, Holiday in the Park® and more. Season Passes can be purchased at the main gate ticket booths or online at sixflags.com. Online Pass purchases are eligible for low monthly payments through the Membership program.