Are you ready to investigate a murder on Paradise? Paradise Killer, created by publisher Fellow Traveller, and indie developer Kaizen Game Works, sets the tone for this upcoming open-world murder mystery in their newly released announcement trailer. This vivid island, Paradise, will be ready to explore this Summer 2020 on Windows PC and Mac OSX.
Synopsis: Paradise is an island set in an alternate reality, where a solitary human culture worship alien gods with hopes of resurrection. What the general population doesn’t know, is these rituals attract demons to corrupt the islands, and every few thousand years, a new reality is created by the Council. This Council is right on the edge of perfecting this system, but right before they can complete the rebirth, a tragedy strikes – the Council is murdered, and Paradise is killed. The player is responsible for solving this murder, and determining the truth behind it all.
Fellow Traveller and Kaizen Game Works advertise some of the main key features of Paradise Killer:
- Breathe life back into Paradise – You are tasked with finding the killer and building an airtight case against them. Take your case to trial and argue your interpretation of the evidence. Only when someone is successfully convicted can the crime be considered solved and Paradise be saved.
- What are the facts? What are the truths? Are they the same? – The “truth” is that there are many possible killers, and many ways to build a case. Even if you make a convincing case for prosecution and get someone convicted, is the mystery really solved?
- Explore an island full of secrets – Paradise is an island set in an alternate future history filled with cryptic lore and even more mysteries. Examine bizarre relics to learn more about this world’s surreal history.
- Find YOUR Paradise – You choose who to accuse, and build a case to support a conviction. Everyone on Paradise has a secret to hide and something to gain. Old friends become new suspects, forcing you to choose between the evidence, the greater good and your own beliefs. There are many possible murderers, but who you pick will define your own personal truth.
- Gather evidence – Let your personal computer and electronic assistant Starlight be your guide through another dance of an investigation. Collect evidence, record testimony and interpret the facts to form your own truth.
- Unlock hidden areas – Solve hieroglyph puzzles on ancient nightmare computers to discover new areas of the island, find concealed evidence and reveal terrifying secrets.
Paradise Killer will be released sometime in Summer 2020 on Windows PC and Mac OSX. Be prepared for interrogating suspects, exploring the island of Paradise, and solving this murder once and for all.