DEKKOO, a subscription-based streaming service dedicated to gay men and gay-centric entertainment, is launching a one-week short film challenge. This pandemic has put a spotlight on our relationships with others and ourselves: what do relationships in the time of quarantine look like?
Therefore the theme of the competition is Love and Distance. Dating from a distance? Home alone and loving it? Dealing with romance and heartbreak while social distancing? You can make a movie about it and win a cut of $10k in prizes. Shoot and submit a 5-minute maximum length short film telling a queer story that deals with love and distance. It can be funny, sad, romantic, sexy, or anything.
The DEKKOO JURY AWARD: One film will be selected by the Dekkoo staff based on artistic merit. The winner will receive a cash award of $2,500.00 and the opportunity to direct a Dekkoo-original short film with a production budget of $5,000.00.
AUDIENCE FAVORITES: Four films will be selected. The four films that receive the most comments on that films page on Dekkoo.com will win $1,000.00 each. Filmmakers are encouraged to ask fans to comment often!
How to Submit your Film:
- All films should be 1920×1080 or higher, H.264, preferably no vertical video. All submissions uploaded to Dropbox should be clearly labeled with the film title and director (ex: Avengers_Whedon.mp4)
- All languages are welcome, but non-English submissions must have English subtitles.
- Submissions must be no more than 5-minutes in length and submitted via Dekkoo’s Dropbox Folder or a password-protected URL between Monday, May 4 and Sunday, May 10, 2020. All submissions are due no later than Sunday, May 10 at 11:59pm Eastern.
- It is FREE to submit your film.
- As an added bonus, all filmmakers who submit a film to the challenge (as long as it is accepted by Dekkoo) will receive a free 6-month Dekkoo-subscription.