Back during the weekend of Gamescom 2020, Merge Games announced that action-RPG Morbid: The Seven Acolytes would be brought into the retail space! Both a Signature and a Standard Retail Edition will be dropped before 2020’s end, on both PlayStation 4 and Nintendo Switch.
In Morbid: The Seven Acolytes, you play as the last surviving Striver of Dibrom. You have trained your entire life to fulfill your destiny: to defeat the Seven Acolytes, powerful creatures possessed by supreme beings called Gahars.
The expansive world will be filled with massive boss encounters and a deep lore filling the entire story, this horrorpunk game will lead players to slay the Gahars, freeing the world from their terrifying grasp.
Some features of the game include:
- Experience epic, brutal boss encounters and explore a diverse array of environments
- Perk levelling system with multiple ways to build your character
- Deep, immersive lore with NPC’s to meet throughout the world
- Over 25 Unique Melee Weapons, such as Swords, Axes, Maces, Spears, Two-Handers, as well several guns ranging from Pistols, Shotguns and Rifles
- Epic fully orchestrated soundtrack comprising of 18 tracks
- Health, Stamina and Sanity management is important as you traverse the world
The Signature Edition version will run for the price of $49.99 and will include:
- Signature Edition Box – Packaged in a sturdy “Sierra” box with outer sleeve featuring alternative colour artwork
- Complete Physical Game – Region free copy of Morbid: The Seven Acolytes.
- Concept Art Card – Collector’s art card featuring the developer’s signatures and concept art of Lorn, one of the deadly seven acolytes.
- Two Blessings Pins – Two limited edition enamel pins featuring Blessings runes as found in the game.
- Full CD Soundtrack
Seeing as Merge Games is responsible for other games loved by us here at Horrorbuzz, such as Moonlighter, we are excited to see what comes from Morbid: The Seven Acolytes!
Keep an eye out for any future updates on Morbid: The Seven Acolytes as we await more information for this highly anticipated game!