Aurora Interactive is keeping the Halloween spirit alive amid the COVID-19 crisis with an all-new interactive drive-through attraction, FROM BEYOND. October 8, marked the grand opening weekend of the new experience that breaks new ground in creating a safe yet immersive experience that melds horror-comedy and an interactive I-Spy element at USDAN Summer Camp for the Arts in Wheatley Heights on Long Island. What’s more, 20% of All Proceeds Benefiting USDAN for Its Students. Seriously how cool is that?
If there is one thing that we have learned in 2020 it is this; Not even a pandemic will stop the Halloween spirit. Game Producer Aurora Interactive of Wheatley Heights, which has presented Halloween attractions in the NY metro region for nearly 10 years, is giving people of all ages a safe way to participate in Halloween fun without feeling the need to forfeit enjoying its excitement and entertainment because of concerns over the spread of coronavirus.
Following health and safety guidelines, for both the audience and performers, “Game players” use their cars filled with only their own friends and family to hunt for monsters while navigating through dark, winding roads of dense woods as “assigned zoologists” for completing different objectives as they park at multiple designated zones on a journey that lasts approximately 25 minutes. In-car audio soon directs players to use their cell phone and video cameras to “capture” the hidden creatures.
As monsters are “captured,” participants publish their photos and video recordings of the monsters caught at each stopped zone on their personal social media posts using the tag “#FromBeyondLI.” Aurora Interactive will evaluate which cars “caught” the most monsters before announcing the top 5 car participant winners the Sunday before Halloween who will be awarded participation in a free one hour long From Beyond experience after normal hours that will take place before or by Halloween night.
Players in this event and must wear masks as well as have their temperatures checked before entering From Beyond for protecting the health and safety of its participants and actors. While Aurora Interactive is looking out to ensure people have a healthy, safe Halloween experience during the COVID-19 pandemic, it is also doing good in another way. Realizing how much art plays an integral role in its Halloween event and experiences, Aurora Interactive is donating 20% of all proceeds of the $45.00 general admission per vehicle from its From Beyond event to USDAN Summer Camp for the Arts to support the Camp’s tuition assistance to families whose children cannot otherwise afford the cost of enrollment.
- Thursday, October 8; Friday, October 9; Saturday, October 10
- Thursday, October 15; Friday, October 16; Saturday, October 17
- Thursday, October 22; Friday, October 23; Saturday, October 24
- Wednesday, October 28; Thursday, October 29; Friday, October, 30; Saturday, October 31
Wednesday (held once on Oct 28) and regular Thursdays:
- 7:00 pm. 7:30 pm, 8:00 pm and 8:30 pm (Lighthearted Halloween fun and scare experiences for families with young children)
- 9:00 pm and 9:30 pm (infinitely and stranger Halloween scare experiences)
Fridays and Saturdays:
- 7:00 pm., 7:30 pm, 8:00 pm and 8:30 pm (Lighthearted Halloween fun and scare experiences for families with young children)
- 9:00 pm, 9:30 pm; 10:00 pm and 10:30 pm (infinitely and stranger Halloween scare experiences)